Wednesday, December 09, 2009

December 8

"The most vivid memories of Christmases past are usually not of gifts given or received, but of the spirit of love, the special warmth of Christmas worship, the cherished little habits of the home." - Lois Rand

Today's prompt asks about a holiday related item you inherited. I don't really have much in the way of holiday stuff that I have inherited, but I do have a set of candy cane ornaments that have hung on every Christmas tree I can remember from the time I was a little girl. We split them up so my sister and I each have some. I don't know if she still hangs them on her tree, or not, but I do - every year.

Today was a slightly better day than yesterday. We started the day out with cake for breakfast since we couldn't all be together on my birthday. The day ended with my getting to meet my new niece for the first time and watching "Prep and Landing" with my boys.

We aren't doing so well with trying to make a Christmas ornament a day this month. I need to get to the store and buy more Tacky Glue. Oh well...

No comments: