
When I came back into the NICU yesterday afternoon after running out to grab lunch, this is what I found. None of my kids were big pacifier kids. Colin took one for a while in the NICU, and Dutton was never interested. I just thought Emerson looked like such a big boy holding on to his pacifier all by himself. :-) In other news, he took at least three of his feeds yesterday by mouth. He took half his 5am feed by bottle, and nursed his 11am and 2pm feeds! (I don't know about the rest of the day - I'll find out when I get there this morning.) We're taking steps! Also, his O2 requirement was consistently around 30% yesterday. They are talking about trying to wean his flow down from 4 liters to 3.5 liters soon.
Late Day UPDATE! They weaned his O2 flow down to 3.5 Tuesday morning and he was doing great with it!
3 comments:
So exciting! I'm so happy for you! He's going grow fast and fat on his mama's milk! I hope the O2 weaning goes smoothly.
Yeah, Emerson....he is amazing! Kaiya loves her pacifier, too!
He looks GREAT!! Praise and thanks be to God above for his progress. We'll continue to keep Emerson and all the Hoods in our prayers.
Fondly,
The Bellingers
Post a Comment